Liss Junior School Minibus Rates of Hire
|Half Day||Per Day||Overnight||Weekend|
- Days are 24 hour block from the time of collection and includes a mileage allowance of 200 miles per day.
- Overnight hire available from 4.00 pm to 8.30 am and includes a mileage allowance of 100 miles.
- Weekend hire available from 4.30 pm Friday to 8.30 am Monday and includes a mileage allowance of 400 miles.
- Excess mileage charged at 20p per mile
- Prices include insurance.
- Insurance requires that only “not-for-profit” organisations will be eligible to hire the vehicle
- All hire agreements are subject to our terms and conditions
Conditions of Hire
- In the event of an accident the user will pay any excess insurance claim
- Any damage not covered or claimed the via the insurance will be paid for by the user causing the damage
- The interior of the vehicle must be left clean after use
- Food and drink may not be consumed in the vehicle
- A £50 cleanliness deposit is held during your hire
- Seats may not be removed without prior authorisation
- Prices quoted are applicable to all drivers aged 23 -69 having held a full UK driving licence for two years, licence to include category DI and subject to it having no more than five penalty points in the last five years.
- Hirers must present a valid driving licence (both parts) with their current address, in person, at the time of collection. No copies of licences will be accepted.
- Drivers must hold a current MIDAS certificate which must be presented, in person at the time of hire.
- You must inspect the vehicle before you take the vehicle.
- You must look after the vehicle and the keys for the vehicle.
- You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it.
- You must make sure that you use the correct type of fuel (diesel).
The minibus will be supplied with a full tank of fuel at the start of the hire. Customers may:
- Return the minibus full at the end of the rental, or
- Return the vehicle part full and be charged for missing fuel at the end of the rental at the locally determined price. Please note a surcharge of £20 will be applied for this facility.
Drivers' Health and Safety Responsibilities
Drivers must take reasonable care of:
- Their own health and safety
- The health and safety of others
- Follow instructions when using work equipment
- Use correctly any personal protective equipment
- Report damage to any equipment
- Co-operate with the employer organisation
Drivers must inform their employer about any:
- Dangers to their or others health and safety
- Shortcomings in health and safety provision
- Injuries that happen at work